Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Appreciate Your Own Shoes

Life is hard. I don't care what people say, it's the truth. Yeah, yeah sometimes it seems like it's going smoothly, but just wait, hard times probably aren't far off. -Not trying to be a downer, but that's just how it goes.

Sometimes though, I need to realize that life could be hardER. I look around at other people and think, "Man, sure glad I'm not in their shoes." Because even after I say that I look down and think, "My shoes suck! Can't I have someone else's?" Right this second I can think of about 50 pairs of shoes I'd much rather have than my own. Why? Why can't I appreciate the ones I have? Really, someone else's shoes may look pretty, but once you step in...you just never know.

Maybe my shoes are still being broken in. You know how sometimes you get a pair and they are comfy at first, then they hurt like hell, then...they're the best, most comfortable shoes you've ever had? Perhaps mine just take a little longer to break in than I want them to. Or really, there are a number of other things that could be the reason behind my distaste for my shoes. Perhaps they are the wrong size, wrong style for the season...maybe that's it. Maybe there's just a pebble inside and I haven't figured out how to shake it out yet. Who knows? Not me, that's for dang sure. If I did I wouldn't be wishing I had someone else's.

But like I said before, life can be harder. My shoes could be so, SO much worse. That can be hard to remember at times. I guess I just need to learn to appreciate my own shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!