Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Peach Days Miracle/State Fair Fun

Okay so about a hundred years ago it was Peach Days up in Brigham City...so maybe not 100 years, more like a few weeks ago--September 12th to be exact...

So I wanted to go to Peach Days real, real bad and Remy being the kind hear that his said he'd take me. So we start driving and we're coming up on the Brigham City exits and it dawns on me that I have no idea where in Brigham City this thing actually is. I know, I know you're thinking, "what's the big deal, Brigham City is like the smallest place EVER!" Well guess what, even if that's true, when you have no idea where you're going any size place can feel huge.

This is where the miracle comes in. We decide to get off on the second exit. I'm searching the GPS on my phone hoping to find the location of the city park or something cuz chances are it's nearby. Lo and behold we got off the freeway and practically ran into Peach Days!

It was way fun! I have some pics, but they're on my other computer so I'll have to post them later. They had a car show and holy cow I couldn't believe how many cars they had. Two huge fields just full of them. We could have spent all day looking at them.

We had some delicious food which included Dutch Oven peach cobbler....MMMMMMmmmm! After Peach Days we headed straight over to Remy's parents' house to meet his family to go to the State Fair. It was quite the day!

At the fair we saw a sign advertising the smallest woman in the world. Remy's sister in laws and I were totally curious about it and wondered if it was real or how they did it, or what. So we gathered our dollar bills and took a peek. Wow, there was really a woman sitting there, in a chair, and we just paid a dollar to stare at her. I felt terrible! It was just a weird feeling, I felt bad for her. She's from Haiti and I think the guy taking the money was from there as well. So I'm sure they were making decent money, and it's not like she's being held captive or something. I just can't imagine knowing that people are spending a dollar to come stare at you is that great. I don't know. We all walked away feeling bad. The funny thing is that my mom was at the fair a few days later and someone was talking to her about this and they said they felt bad about it too.

Let's see, what else? We got some funnel cake--delish! It had bavarian cream and chocolate sauce. I'm ususally a fan of fruit toppings, but that was way good. Remy got a slushy that had a leak in the bottom of the cup so it leaked red juice all over him. We checked out al the animals (thrilling) and that was just about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!