Wednesday, October 21, 2009

If You'd Like to Make a Call...Please Hang Up and Dial Again

If you want me to call you back, you need to leave me your phone number. Even -strike that - ESPECIALLY if your message is urgent or time sensitive. I don't know what else to tell you besides the fact that I can't read minds and I don't have the ability to track your call as though you are a criminal I need to find because you have hostages bound and gagged in a basement somewhere.

That was going to be all I had to say, but I just experienced something else that inspired the title I'll mention:

First of all, I am not the University Operator. I don't even know how you got my number in the first place. You cannot call me and the only thing you speak is someone else's name. I don't know what that means. Perhaps use the name in a sentence that describes the purpose of your phone call. For example: "Hello, do you know the phone number or can you transfer me to ....?" See how easy that was? --However, let's not forget, I'm not the University Operator -so you shouldn't be calling me for phone numbers anyway!

The funny thing, when I did transfer this terrible communicator, either I dialed the wrong number or the number is disconnected! HA! After I felt bad for like one second, I felt as though it was sweet justice. Then the terrible communicator called me right back (which I was expecting) and then hung up when I answered the phone. So that was either to get me back or the terrible communicator decided I'd probably just give him the same number again. -Which isn't true, but I never got the chance to show him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!