Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Friend



Okay so about 8 months ago Remy got a kitten named Malcolm. He is super cute, but dang that cat is CRAZY! Seriously crazy. In fact he even got nicknamed, and pardon my French, but his loving nickname Remy gave him is the shitty kitty -because he is one. We're pretty sure he hallucenates because he'll sit at the base of all wall, look straight up, start making these weird noises and then jump like he's trying to get something. Yeah, there's nothing there. His newest trick is to jump, spread eagle on your back if you bend over at all. I keep reminding Remy that he picked Malcolm because he was so cute ASLEEP, not because of his personality while he was awake! True story.
So Remy had been debating ever since he brought Malcolm home whether or not he should get a second cat as a playmate for Malcolm. I think he was so paranoid about even having one that he decided not to get the second. Well over time we figured out that Malcolm tends to behave a little better when people are around more. And with Remy always at work and then doing other stuff after work, there wasn't anyone around to keep the kitty company. Then when Remy was working 70 hour weeks for a while there, things just got out of hand and Malcolm was getting psychotic. So it was decided he needed a friend.

Remy went to the pet store a few weeks ago to pick some stuff up and the Humane Society was there and he fell in love with an older (older as in 5 months old and not a brand new kitten) gray kitten. He went home and got Malcolm so they could meet and make sure they didn't hate each other. I wasn't there, but apparently Malcolm was afraid of this cute little girl. But they didn't seem to hate each other so he brought her home. He named her Little Grey...I say it's after Merideth's sister in Grey's Anatomy he says it's partially that and partially something else...whatever.

For a while Malcolm just followed Little Grey everywhere she went and wouldn't leave her alone. Then he started pouncing on her and pinning her down until she growled and hissed (which is so cute by the way because she such a little thing and doesn't make a peep otherwise). She had just been spayed so she wasn't really in the mood to fight back much. But she has changed her tune now! He's teaching her some bad habits.
The point of all of this is the picture at the top (I really hate how pictures are not easily moved on this site and my new version of explorer won't let me copy and paste my text within this post and I forgot to add the pic first!). This is poor, sick Little Grey. She had a fever and a soar throat and a stuffy nose. It was the saddest thing ever. We took her to the vet and they did some tests and gave her some meds, but she was sick for quite a while and it was the saddest thing ever. She would just lay in her bed just like the picture, poor little thing. You can just see on her face how miserable she is. She was so cuddly though...and P.S. she loves me! Which means I can't help but love her back! Whenever I go over there she comes and sits on my lap (I think Remy is a little jealous).
Anyhow she's pretty much back to herself now and still loves me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!