Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gettin' Hitched

Well, I'm guess I'm going to have to change the name of this blog since I'm getting married! Yep, it's true, it's really happening. And holy cow it's been crazy trying to get everything ready!

Remy proposed on November 20th at my 25th birthday party in front of all my friends and family. We decided on a spring wedding and then the day before Thanksgiving we were talking and joking around about doing it at the end of December because we already have a bunch of time off. Well, the more we started talking the better and better it sounded and we decided, what the heck?! Let's just do it! So we set the date for December 28th and never looked back!

I have such a great friend Jan who has been organizing the whole thing. She has such great ideas and is so supportive and willing to do anything, I don't think this would be going so well if it weren't for her! As of today we have literally all the big stuff out of the way...venue, decorations, cake, flowers, dress, tux, rings, food --just little details that need to be finished up. And if anything isn't done yet, well it's scheduled to be done. I'm thinking that by the end of this week we will be set on everything!

It was so nice because I figured (and was totally fine with) that I wouldn't be having any bridal showers since there was only 4 weeks til the wedding when we set the date. But my boss at work and also one of my past Young Women's leaders asked to throw me a shower. And I guess Remy's family is planning one for after the wedding. I thought that was so sweet. The work shower is this Friday and I'm looking forward to it.

I seriously can't wait! We have a trip to Disneyland all booked for the honeymoon and it's going to be a crazy weekend when we get back with moving all my crap and stuff. Hopefully we can get most of it moved before hand (although with Christmas in the way I highly doubt it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!