Friday, January 15, 2010

New Stuff

So for our (one of many) wedding gifts from Remy's parents, they got us a flat screen TV! I know right! We don't have any room for it yet (the house is full of my crap everywhere from moving), plus the only thing we had to put it on was 2 old end tables stuck together and we were afraid it might get knocked over by one of the kitties...namely Malcom. Plus we needed storage and the whole thing. Anyhow so we set off on an adventure to find a good entertainment center/TV stand/something that could hold all our consoles and ideally some DVDs. I'll have to take pictures of the before and after...right now the DVDs are in these open storage racks which really drive me nuts. If there's one thing that drives me nuts, it's looking at DVDs if I don't have to. Plus the whole living room is lined with DVD storage at this point and it just looks bad. Anyhow...

So we stop at RC Willey where we felt a little out of our -we have no money and need something really cheap-league, but we found a few things that had some potential. **On a side note, have you ever been to RC Willey? That place creeps me out. They have so many sales people just looming around and when you ask one for help, they don't leave you...ever. EVER. Salesman Steve who we found in electronics sat at a table like 10 feet away from us and just sat. And waited. And watched. And waited. What? Like we're going to try to hide it in our coats? And then I feel all bad (and thoroughly creeped out) when we leave because Steve just sat there and waited forever for nothing. Creepy.**

Then we ventured off to IKEA. I wasn't expecting much from them, I'll be honest. I LOVE IKEA, don't get me wrong, but a lot of their stuff LOOKS cheap. And I know we couldn't afford much, but I just don't always want to have cheap looking stuff! So we spent over an hour looking at stuff. Trying to be creative with different shelving options we saw, using baskets and drawers, mouting stuff to walls, the whole thing. Then we found their collection of a whole bunch of stuff that you can mix and match. HOLY CRAP! We then spent forever tinkering around with different doors, and drawers, and tall shelves, and short shelves, and as we turn around to leave, we walk straight into it! Remy points and says, "why didn't we see this before?" And there in front of us, THE one. It has everything we wanted, yet was so simple it somehow didn't seem possible. It has doors that enclose the TV but that fold and lay flat to the sides so they don't stick out into the room, a small shelf to fit the XBOX and two big drawers underneath that can hold ALL of our DVDs and controllers, a place to put the Wii, and nothing obstructing the cords to the Xbox. And best of all, it was $300 off!! The only drawback is that it's white. But we think we can probably paint it and do you know what? It really won't look that bad. I mean, white goes with everything. So the goal this weekend is to get the livingroom put together so it actually has a place to go. Right now, be barely had room to fit the boxes it came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!