Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas and Disneyland and Anniversaries, OH MY!

Oh yeah, and don't forget New Years!

So we had a busy Christmas, but it was fun.  We did our gifts for each other on Christmas Eve.  Remy got me diamond earrings!  -Which was really for our anniversary, but he was a little too excited to wait.  Later that day we went with Remy's brother Jake and our nephew Mako to see Tangled.  It was awesome!  Seriously, if you haven't gone to see it...for the love of all that's holy just go!

I like to try to guess what my presents are, so Remy had to use some anti-shaking devices to keep me from figuring what he got me.  :)  So in this particular box he wrapped my CD in a towel and put it in a bigger box with a dictionary to weight it.  He also got me a pair of shoes and put a hammer in the box!



Christmas Eve night was spent at Remy's parent's where we had a nice dinner and hours and hours of A Christmas Story.  Then it was off to pick up my little siblings (who are all MUCH taller than me) and we all spent the night over at Heather and Jared's where we watched...wait for it...A Christmas Story!  I literally forced myself to sleep so I wouldn't have to watch it again.

Christmas morning we went over to my parent's and opened gifts.  My parent's got us a KitchenAid stand mixer!  Yay!  And also our set of Cutco knives (with which I have already almost lost 2 fingers).  It was a great time.  They also got a Kinect, which is SO fun!

Then off to the in-laws! Remy's mom made us a great quilt and matching pillows!  They're awesome.  Then we had a DELICIOUS breakfast with more....A Christmas Story.  I can appreciate it once or twice through, but 2 days worth?  No.  It literally got to the point I had to get up and leave!


Then on the 28th was our first anniversary and we left for Disneyland! First night we stayed in Vegas at the Hilton.  EARLY the next morning we left for California because I just realized I had made lunch reservations at the Blue Bayou.  Why that hadn't dawned on me before I have no idea.





We had a great 5 days in Disneyland and Remy even got his first annual pass! :)





We had fairly decent weather while we were there.  It was pouring rain on our way into California and literally stopped when we got out of the car at the Disneyland parking lot.  Then it was just cool the rest of the time.  

New Year's Eve we spent the whole day in the park.  We got there early enough that they hadn't filled to capacity yet, but we had to stay the whole day just in case.  It was pretty cold that day and night, we wore sweatshirts and coats and had to put on hats at night.  The park was packed of course, but we managed to even ride Space Mountain 3 times without waiting for more than 30 minutes.  :)  We're just good like that.





We went to the Park the next day too, and we got a LOT in!  It was so empty compared to the previous days.  It was NICE!  And then on our way out of the park it started raining again...we have such good timing! ;)
Come on! PULL!!

 Couldn't get that sword out huh?  Bummer!

Taking a spin on the Tea Cups.


Then as we were driving out, we hadn't even hit Victorville yet and this is what we drove through...this was my first time ever seeing snow in California, let alone driving in it!

It was an awesome trip and we can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!