Monday, June 13, 2011

Great Weekend Adventures

We had a great weekend.

June 9th was my Grandma's 75th birthday as well as my Grandparents' 57th wedding anniversary.  Which was also the anniversary of mine and Remy's first "date that wasn't a date" 6 years ago.  Where does the time go?

To celebrate my Grandma's big day we had a big family dinner at The Roof.  It was great, our family from North Carolina flew in for the event.  It's always fun to see them.  We had pictures first and then ate yummy food.  Then we went back to their condo and hung out on the roof.  I played a round of hand and foot with 2 of my cousins and my uncle.  And then we all just chilled.  It was seriously really fun.

Yesterday after church Remy suggested we have people over for a BBQ.  It was supposed to be family dinner at my parent's house anyway so we thought we'd have everyone over to our place instead.  Heather and Jared had a few cousins that stayed over at their house and needed to be brought back to Salt Lake anyway so Doug and Jenny (the NC crew) came over too.  It was a BLAST.  And everyone was so nice to pitch in at the last minute to help bring stuff.  Six of us got in the pool after dinner and swam for a good 2 hours I think.  I was exhausted after.  I haven't played like that in a pool for so long!  My arms are seriously sore from all the games we played.  I slept like a log. 

Really. 

Lucky for me I've learned to sleep through Remy's alarm in the morning, but lately since it gets light sooner I wake up at some point while he's getting ready.  And at the very least if nothing else has woken me up,  him turning the bedroom light OFF on his way out wakes me up.

I don't get it.

This morning I really didn't hear a single thing.  Like I said, a log.

Remy did kiss me on his way out and THAT woke me up.  However it caused me much confusion. 

I do that sometimes.  I wake up really confused.  It hasn't happened for a while, but it did today.

I couldn't figure out why he was dressed and why it was light in the room.  And how was it possible that he was already ready for work?  And why was I in the middle of the bed with my hands behind my head?  That was weird all in itself.  Why wasn't I given some indication that morning had come before now?  What day of the week is it?  Am I late for work?  Wait, how did it get to be morning already again?

Remy said it best when he said it looked like the world was playing some sort of cruel trick on me and I wasn't very happy about it.  It's true.  It was cruel.  And sort of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!