Friday, June 3, 2011

So Here's the Deal

I want to tell you all about the super-fun, super-spontaneous trip to the Happiest Place on Earth Remy and I went on over Memorial Day, but for once I actually took pictures on my camera rather than the phone so I can't just conveniently email them to myself as I sit here. -And I really want to have the pictures before I post.  But I will tell you that it was AWESOME! 

Seriously.  THE best.  Trip EVER.

It was partly so fun because it was spontaneous.  If you haven't planned a trip in 3 seconds before, you need to.  Seriously.  I'm telling you, you'll feel great.

The other things that made it extra fun were as follows:

-We ended up being even more spontaneous by deciding the day before the trip to leave right that second.  So we did. 
-We got to go on 2 new rides before they even opened.
-The fact that I was disappointed we would be missing the new rides official opening day by just a few days and then ending up being able to go on them!
-The weather was PERFECT and it was crappy weather at home. -SUCKAS!
-I got a Captain Eo shirt. (okay that didn't really make it all that great, but I was happy anyway)
-The park wasn't very busy.
-For all you Biggest Loser fans out there we saw Jen and Jay in the park!
-Eating beingets (ben-yays) for breakfast in Downtown Disney.
-We slept in, went to the park whenever we wanted and left as early as we wanted and still got to do everything multiple times.
-Trying a new restaurant called Slaters 50/50 where they had AMAZING fried mac and cheese.
-Saying we were going to eat cheap and then not.
-CHURROS -I mean, those make it great everytime am I right?
-Randomly bumping into my cousin and his wife and little girl in the park.
-Watching Fantasmic and the fireworks.  That Mickey just gets me every time.  Also the fireworks ended up being cancelled on all the other nights we were there because of wind.  But we didn't care cause we had already seen them!
-Getting our first picture together with the big-guy himself.  (that's Mickey in case you were all wondering)
-Good conversations.
-Not even really needing to use fast passes.
-Buying  50 cent toys from those little things at the gas station where you put your quarters in and turn the knob.  You know what I'm talking about right?
-Putting a fake tatoo on Remy's arm from said toy dispenser while Remy was driving us home.
-Watching the flag ceremony at the park.
-Discovering our perfect song for all future Disneyland trips.
-Being able to relax and not needing a vacation from the vacation.
-Just spending an awesome long weekend together!

...WHOA!  That's way more stuff than I realized!  It was great.

Spontaneous.

I'm telling you it's the only way to go. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome trip! I used to take trips like that before I got married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I'm jealous! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!! I love the "randomly bumping in to my cousin.." That's hilarious and I am glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You KNOW I am super jealous!! Andy and I were originally planning on going down the week of Memorial, but changed our minds with everything going on with my mom. I'm glad you had fun and that the weather was nice. And YAY for not having to use fast pass. You know how much I hate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!