Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Introducing...

The newest member of the Smith family...


A 2008 Toyota Corolla S!

It was a little sad to get rid of the yellow beast.  It all happened so fast!  I hadn't had proper time to prepare for the loss! -To say my final goodbyes! 

We had been playing around with the idea of finding something more fuel effiecient for a few months, but had come to the conclusion that it wouldn't happen for a while. I still owed on the car and Remy wasn't confident we could get that much value out of it (I on the other hand disagreed), but whatever, it was fine.  I still loved the car and it worked just fine so it wasn't a big deal.  So I decided to stick on this really cool UofU decal thing on the back of my car that I'd had forever, but just never got around to using it.  Then a week or so later we brought up the car thing again.  I was really tired of spending $60-$70 every time I filled up with gas  which was at least 3-4 times a month.  We figured that if we could find a car with almost the same payment as the beast then we would be saving at LEAST $100 in gas per month.  So we thought maybe it was a good idea to start seriously looking around.

The air conditioner had gone out though, so Remy said if I cleaned out the car (yikes!) then he'd get the A/C fixed and we could start looking. 

Now when I get excited about something, I sort of get fixated on it and can't stop thinking about it.  So that night while Remy was out doing whatever I cleaned that sucker out.  I even gave it a carwash.  Then I even cleaned the INSIDE!  Well, until I locked the keys in the car anyway.  Luckily my neighbor was home and her husband used the old wire hanger technique and saved the day!  (Thanks Teandra and Ryan!)

Anyhow I kept up my end of the deal, so Remy kept up his and the A/C was fixed the next day.  I'd been scouring KSL and a few other places for something that fit in our budget.  And since we weren't in dire need of a car I got to be picky.  My only requirements were that it had to be automatic and have a sunroof.

We went around last Wednesday and started browsing some lots.  Over the next few days we test drove a few things that we really liked, but nothing seemed to really speak to us.  But since we had some good prospects I decided to put the beast up on KSL to see what kind of response I got.  Within like 10 mintues someone called and that was pretty much that.  Luckily that day I found the ad for the new car online and REALLY liked it.  They offered what we feel like was a good price so we ran home to show the car to the guy, he said yes, so we ran back to the dealership and picked her up!  She gets at least twice the gas mileage that the beast did, which is what we needed so hopefully she'll be around for a long time!

Wow,  that was a really long story to say we got a car!

I'll miss you yellow beast!


1 comment:

  1. Love your new wheels! I can't believe you sold it so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!