Monday, January 28, 2013

So What if Christmas is Over

Better late than never, right?

We had a good Christmas this year.  Though I won't lie, I'm pretty excited to have a little one next year.  Yeah he'll still be little and not know what's going on, but I'm still looking forward to it.

We decided to do our Christmas for each other on Christmas Eve morning since we'd be busy that night and all day on Christmas.  I mean, you have to open presents in pajamas.  It's just sort of a Christmas rule.
The loot!

 Okay so we did stockings first of course, and this has got to be my favorite series of pics.  He was seriously was like a little kid who got the best gift ever.
It was a one pound package of Reese's.   Seriously, it might as well have been a winning lottery ticket!


This is how our cat spent the day...sitting on the heater vent.

So this was the "big one."  He was pretty happy about this one too.  Which always makes me feel good.  :)  He had seen it at the Fossil store a long time ago and mentioned that he wanted it.  So I found it online and I kept wavering on whether or not I wanted to get it for him.  I'm glad I just went for it!

 My big gift that I was SOOOOO excited about was window tinting for my car!  I've been wanting that ever since we got the thing and I can't wait to finally get it done.  We keep waiting for it to be sunny, since tinting apparently does better when it can be in the sun for the first week or so.  However, we haven't had such luck.



 Christmas Eve night we went over to Remy's parent's house for our annual Christmas Eve dinner.  Then after we decided that we'd participate one last time in the Dyreng kids' tradition of sleeping over at my sister's house and then going to our parent's in the morning. 

I'm always amazed at how well we are able to balance both families (and extended families) on Christmas.  Luckily our traditions don't overlap for the most part, which is always nice.  Though next year I imagine will be a little bit more tricky.
Trying out my new camera from my parents.

Dyreng family

Our little niece Alissa was more than willing to help you open your presents.  At first she would ask you if she could help you open it, then eventually she just started helping you regardless.  :)

This was my view.  :)  This was about 28 weeks.


 Our 3rd anniversary is just 3 days after Christmas and we had a good time. We started out the day going out to breakfast at the Original Pancake House where we saw Jeff Hornacek and his family sitting just a few tables away.  When we got home we were playing a game that Remy got for Christmas when the doorbell rang and there was a huge bouquet of roses.  Remy had then put one blue rose right in the middle for our little guy.  It was pretty sweet.



 For dinner we had a certificate for Carver's we used.  Man that place is delicious!  Neither of us had ever been there, and if we had more money we'd probably go back more often.  :)  Seriously, it was good.  We had a lamb chop appetizer, and each chop was served on it's own little bed of mashed potatoes and topped with a pico de gallo.  Oh man was that good.  Both of us loved our dinners and dessert was also amazing.  We seriously would go back!


I had been wanting to go see Zoo Lights for years, but I never think about it at the right time.  Remy was so sweet and remembered for me. :)  So we bundled up and went and walked around.  There weren't many animals to see, but I love Christmas lights so I enjoyed myself.  And we were so lucky because it was really busy and we literally go the best parking spot in the whole lot!  :)







Love you Remy!  Thanks for such a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. Love Remy's Dole Whip shirt. :) Sounds like you had a fun Christmas and anniversary. Your blog posts motivate me a little that I need to start blogging again.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!