Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pop Quiz

So, do you remember what you did on Memorial Day?

I know, I know.  I didn't even give you any time to study.

Rude.

Lucky for me I remember what I did.  It's kind of a funny story.  So Remy and I had made plans to go to Southern Utah for the holiday weekend.  We even had hotel reservations and everything.  Well one day he called me at work and said that we wouldn't be able to go.

"Oh, brother," I thought to myself.  "what lame excuse has he come up with?!"

"We can't go to Moab because we're going to see Mumford and Sons in Denver in June instead!"


I was SUPER excited!  (don't worry, this will come full circle here soon)  So we canceled the hotel and set our sights on June.

Well, the Wednesday of the week before Memorial weekend, we were really itching to go somewhere. We already had some days off due to our previous plans, PLUS the weather in Utah was going to basically be a washout.  So we were chatting on the phone discussing how lame the long weekend was going to be and we were trying to come up with some warm place to go...St. George, Bryce Canyon, etc.  Of course though, both our minds went straight to....can you guess? 

DISNEYLAND of course!  So we were both googling hotels and we found a cheap one and that was that.  We left 2 days later.  And it was seriously the BEST trip.  Seriously, SO much fun.  Partly because it was spur of the moment.  Partly because we got to go on 2 new rides before they even opened!  Yup, we got to go on the newly renovated Star Tours that was set to open the next week.  And also the new Little Mermaid ride in California Adventure that was also not opening until the first week in June.

I hope we can take more last minute trips!  They rule!


Our first pic with the big guy himself.





1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to go on not one but two new rides. We so need to take a Disney trip together someday. It would be too much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!