Monday, April 30, 2012

Derby

I went to my first Pinewood Derby on Saturday with the Scouts. 

Did I not tell you?

Remy and I are scout leaders.

I know, right?

We are the Bear Den leaders.  Those are the 9 year olds for all you non-scouting types.  It's been fun so far.  A little frustrating because there are hardly any boys so it's hard to plan activities.   But we're figuring it out.  We're definitely not naturals at it, but it's fun.

And when I say we hardly have any boys, I mean it. 

So our Pack consists of all the boys that live in the boundaries of the three wards that share our church building.  So that's a pretty large area.

There are 4 Bears.

And that's if they all show up.  So usually that means one or two come to Den meetings.

So we combine a lot with the Wolves because they hardly have any kids either. 

But back to the Derby.

I have to admit the Pinewood Derby is WAY more fun than I expected.  The track was intense with electronic sensor things and everything that gave exact finish times (we're talking NASCAR stuff here).  I was impressed.

And the boys did SUCH a great job.  It was so much fun to see all the work they (and their parents/relatives) put into them.

We were so proud of our Pack!  Each boy got to race their car 4 times (once in each lane, just to make it fair) and then the top 3 with the fastest times overall get a bigger trophy.  We had 2 of our Scouts in the top 3!  First and third place!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!