Friday, April 8, 2011

Okay, You Can Be Done Now

So our little bathroom project is starting to get on my nerves.  It's now been 2 full weeks, and the majority of the work (aka the shower) was done LAST Thursday.  I'm not even quite sure what the hold up has been now that I think about it. I'm feeling like the equivalent of living out of a suitcase in the bathroom.  Every morning we have to hang up the shower curtain, get out all the shampoo and soap...then before I leave work I have to take it all back down again.

It's getting annoying. 

Especially since not much progress seems to be made from day to day.  Now I totally understand stuff comes up, but whattheheck!  However, it does look amazing!  We might have to end up staining the grout on the floor, because it's a little lighter than we wanted.  The guy grouted a small amount around the toilet earlier this week and it wasn't until last night (he's finishing today) that I really looked at it and realized it was too light.  But Remy talked to him and it's just not worth the time or money to have him take it out.  So we'll wait a month or so and see how we feel about it.

I just want it to be done TODAY.  There is a layer of dust from the work all over the house, and I just want it clean! 

But I'm going to need some help on what to do with the vanity.  The floor ended up being a medium-ish brown.  I originally wanted the vanity to be dark with a light counter top.  But, I'm afraid with the darker floor, it'll be too much dark.  So I  might have to do a light vanity with a dark counter.  Once the floor is done I'll take a picture and you'll have to give me your professional opinions.

2 comments:

  1. Living amongst construction is the worst. It will be all worth it though. Just remember how bad you hated the old bathroom tub. Once it's done you have yourself a nice little sanctuary. I need to come see it as soon as your done. I'm sure pictures won't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd love to see it! Our floor is dark and we have a white vanity with a dark counter.. we love it. The options are endless though..

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!