Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 10 I Believe

Sorry I'm a bit behind, I've been sick and busy at work so I haven't had the time. Holy cow I just can't stop talking about this Game On business. I will say that my weekend sucked as far as eating goes. My sister Amy had a dance competition on Saturday so I spent the day there and didn't plan ahead enough to bring all the food I would need for the day so I only got points for 2 meals. But this taught me that I really need to plan ahead for weekends or else I'll just lose it. Plus it's harder to drink my water because I sleep in and that's the time where during the week I'm at work and have already guzzled down a liter of water. So it's hard to make up that time....at least for me.

So far so good, I beat Amanda this week (which I still don't see how that's possible). She actually beat me with a perfect score all week -which I didn't get, but the difference was I met my weight goal this week and she didn't. She was close, but you get 20% of your total points added to your score if you meet your goal. I'm down about 4 pounds from last Monday!

I've had a few Facebook friends post about wanting to lose weight on their status. And I'm telling them about Game On! So if you are one of those people, please read my blog! And read my friend Courtney's blog too! I promise, it only feels like a diet to people who don't eat healthy. Because really, it's not a diet in the way that we may think of diets. You aren't cutting out carbs, or eating only lettuce and water, or whatever. You eat everything you need, protien, carbs, veggies, healthy fats...but you eat them in good portions. You can even have milk and cheese for crying out loud. A lot of diets I've seen make you cut that out. The trick is to plan it out. I really think if you have a friend at work that you should join forces and do it together. Because if you work a 9-5 type job, you'll be eating 4 times at work! My friend and I split the meals. One week I'll bring the breakfast and morning snack and she'll bring the lunch and afternoon snack. Then the next week we switch. It works out so well and it's not so overwhelming.

A big suggestion too is keep the following in your house at all times, this way if you need a meal quick, you have it and it takes no prep time:

-Apples (or some other fruit of your choice, these don't take any peeling, etc.)
-String cheese
-Can of nuts
-Carrot sticks
-Celery sticks
-Cucumbers
-Peanut butter
-Those whole wheat Oroweat buns
-Eggs
-Turkey bacon

Okay so some of those take prep time. But peanut butter counts as a healthy fat, and you can have as much celery as you want so scoop out about a thumb size of PB and like 50 celery sticks and munch away. I've learned it doesn't take that much PB per celery stick to keep me happy. But these are things you can mix and match to create the perfect meal that follows all the rules and you don't even have to think about it.

Here's what we're having for our breakfast this week (I swear it sounds scarier than it is):

-1/2 cup oats
-egg whites (just buy the big bottle of them)
-sliced almonds
-agave nectar
-1/2 banana

Just prepare the oats the way you normally would in the microwave with water, but add probably about a 1/4 cup egg whites before you nuke it. I know, I know, it sounds nasty, but I'm telling you, you can't even taste it and can barely even see it. Add a few almonds, slice up the banana and drizzle a spoonful or so of the nectar. It really is good. The eggs make it thicken a little more so you may want to add a little extra water. Or use a little less oats and have a little milk since they both count as carbs.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!