Monday, April 12, 2010

Game On!

So, last week I stumbled upon one of my old roommate's blogs called Follow My Fad Diet (you can read it here). It's actually pretty entertaining. I'm not sure if she's keeping it up because she just had busy life stuff come up...but anyhow...the point was that she was going to try a fad "diet" once a month for the whole year. She came across this one called the Game on Diet (check out the website here). Basically it turns being healthy into a game. You get on teams and earn points every day by eating healthy meals, drinking water, getting enough sleep, stuff like that. The best part is that you get to eat 100 calories a day of whatever you want (minus soda) and once a week you can have one meal where you eat whatever you want and one full day off where you don't have to follow any of the rules!

So today is Day 1. My friend and co-worker Amanda and are playing against each other, but sort of together too. We've been sharing meals at work so we're going to keep that up, but then at home after work and on weekends, it's up to ourselves to do everything we need!

The hardest thing for me is that you have to drink 3 liters of water per day! Holy crap I feel like I'm drowning and I've already been to the bathroom 9 times today I'm not even kidding. This is probably one of the most beneficial habits for me because I barely drink one glass a day. I know, I know WAY bad! Remy is always kindly getting on me about that. But I did it! It wasn't easy and I just guzzled the rest down a little while ago so I'm sure I'll have to get up in the night!

I'm also going to be playing on a team with Remy against my family. They haven't started yet because they just ordered the book.

I did awesome today! We had our 5 healthy meals, I drank my water, did my minimum of 20 mins exercise (I did an hour on the Wii Fit!), and now I have to work on my 2 good habits which is also part of the game. Amanda also had a perfect day so we got our full 100 points for the day! Yay! I think we're going to do really well, the tricky thing for me seriously is going to be the water. It's only day 1 and I feel like I'm drowining!

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe Steve and I can play too. It sounds fun. Drinking water has always been a challenge for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meggan!! Wow, it's been a long time! This is Courtney, by the way. I'm glad you found my blog...seriously, Game On was so awesome. I lost a lot and it was really easy (well, as easy as dieting can be I guess). I did another Game On with my family and I'm down 15 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight! Yay!

    Drinking the water IS really hard huh? I had to pee all the time. But the hardest thing for me was doing my habits and exercising because I was lazy and wouldn't do them until the end of the night.

    Anyway, congrats on getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I'm loving comments! I did't know anyone even read this thing! (Except you Kim!) :) We can totally do it with you guys!

    Courtney I'm so glad I found your blog too! -And that you found mine! I really enjoyed reading it because I think our habits are so much alike. Everytime I read a post I kept thinking that if you put my name as the author it would be just as accurate. So since it seemed to be working for you I thought, what the heck, let's give it a try! Congrats on losing so much! That's way awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!