Friday, April 16, 2010

Days 3, 4 & 5

IT'S WORKING! Amanda and I have been following the rules and getting our points and eating like healthy eating machnies and as of this morning I've already lost 3 pounds! Every single day my weight has dropped which I did not expect. Literally the first 3 days I was so full of water and food I figured there was no way I could lose anything. My prediction was that cutting out the sugar alone would make me drop the first few pounds pretty easily. You know how some people say they quit drinking soda and they lose like 90 pounds? Yeah, I'm hopin that's me with sugar. But the beautiful thing is, is that I can still have it! I always save my 100 calories per day of something sweet for after dinner. And I really don't crave it during the day which surprised me.

Another thing that is strange to me...I thought for the first few days or so I would be hungry all the time and then as my body adjusted I would be fine. Well it turns out I was so full the first few days I didn't think I could get myself to eat dinner! But now, and Amanda is having the same experience, I'm actually getting hungry between meals and snacks. Which is also weird because I've been drinking my water faster.

The bottom line is...so far so good! And it really isn't as hard as I was expecting it to be. It can be a little difficult to get creative with meals, but Amanda is already a pro and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Here's what we've been eating for our morning snack:

1 apple
1 piece of those individually wrapped tilamook cheeses (yum!)
About 10 almonds

Let's hope I can keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!