Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bedroom Makeover Wish List

So I want to redo the bedroom.  Remy got his 2 years of gray paint.  -Now it's time to give it a fresh look I think.  (and I have nothing against gray, it's so hot right now and there are some shades I really LOVE, but for me, right now in this room, I'm over it.)  I'm mainly over the gray in our room because 3 of the 4 walls actually are purple-ish tinted and it's driving me crazy.  I try to forget about it, but some days I'm more successful at that than others.

This will be the color on the walls:
Pale Smoke by Benjamin Moore

This is the crown molding that will be installed as well:
 Nice huh?

I'm THINKING a white duvet so it will go with anything, but something with a little texture like this one:

Now I'm still not sure what color to use for the accent.  I have black furniture and I'm not going to be getting anything new or refinishing what I have....perhaps some inspiration:






Whatddya think?

2 comments:

  1. WARNING!!! DO NOT get that duvet cover!!! We had that exact one and it is a pain in the A! When you wash it, it comes out super wrinkly and you'd think that would be fine cause its all gathered, but NO! It looks like crap - one time I actually attempted to iron it... bad idea. Just please - pick a different one so I can calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, whoa, whoa! Take some deep breaths, and count to 10...it'll be okay...I promise I won't get that one! :)

    That's weird though because I had a duvet just like that from Pottery Barn, but it had a pattern and it never gave me any troubles. But I'm sure the type of fabric would make a big difference and if it's just white with nothing else to look at if it was wrinkly there's nothing else to distract you. Your warning is fully appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!