Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strangers Aren't ALWAYS Scary

BEFORE:


So this story is a little old, but a good one.

We have this GIANT mirror in our bathroom. You know the kind, the big huge unframed ones. The kind that had those hollywood lights above them. Yeah, THAT kind. Yuck. I decided it need to be framed so I headed on down to my local Home Depot. As I was mulling over the moulding (that's kinda fun to say), debating on which one to get, this nice little old lady says "If you need any help, my husband is really good at this sort of thing." I explain what my project is and at this point I'm just deciding what size of moulding to get, but thanks! Well her husband comes over and offers his advice. I explain my project and say, I'm good, but thanks for the help.

Well I pick what I wanted and then he asks me what type of saw I was going to use to make the cuts. Rather emberassed I show him the box I had been carrying around with one of those cheap hack saws with a guid to cut angles, because we have no tools at my house.

He starts telling me that my little saw will work, but it might not make a nice smooth edge, etc., etc. And that "I have a really nice power saw all set up in my garage and it would go so fast and make a really nice smooth cut." I didn't know where he was going with this, so I just said "Oh yeah? That would be nice." Then he asks me if I want to come over to his house so he can cut it for me!


"Uh," I hesitated...(I mean wouldn't you? Some random old man at the HD offering to cut your frame for you?) "Oh thanks, but I think this will work okay."

"You sure? It will really be so fast, and I already have everything set up because we're putting up crown moulding in our house."


Well, the point of the story is that I finally gave in! I did. He said the lived nearby so I could just follow them to their house. So this sweet little old lady helped me carry my boards to the front and load them in my car. As we were walking to the register she said, "well why don't I just ride with you?" The response in my head...."Uh sure little old lady, like THAT won't be awkward!" The response that came out of my mouth..."That works, if that will be easier." !!!!


Well, we got to their house and the guy cut my boards and I went on my way. They were so sweet and in the end I was grateful I went with them! I would probably have ruined it and it would have taken me all day just to make 4 cuts. Thanks to them I was able to paint and put it up the next day. Here are the before and after pics. Sorry they aren't good, I took them from my phone.


AFTER:

The bathroom looks even better now because it's all decorated and whatnot. This is the pic I took before I actually glued the boards on. Remy was out all day and I didn't want him to freak out if he didn't like it. But he LOVED it! YAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!