Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

And no I'm not talking about Wheaties.

I wouldn't be what you would call a 'health nut' by any means.  But there are some aspects of it that I try to follow.  For example I try not to eat aspertame.  For one it gives me headaches if I ingest too much. And two, if it's giving me headaches it can't be that good for me right?

Another thing I do is try to buy food like bread for example, that has only ingredients I can pronounce.  So I check the back:  Enriched bleached flour?  No thanks.  A list of a thousand ingredients and additives?  I'll pass.  Same thing with my oatmeal.  I recently ran across a company called Better Oats who have a few different lines of oatmeal.  I LOVE THEM!  I started with Oat Revolution.  SO GOOD. 


Besides the fact they taste delicious, they come in these pouches that have the cooking instructions of course, but they double as a measuring cup so you always put the right amount of water in!  GENIUS I tell you!

And the calories are decent too.  I started with the apples and cinnamon Oat Revolution which had like 130 calories or something.  So yummy.  Seriously, my favorite ever.  Then I tried the 100 calorie Oat Fit maple and brown sugar, which now I realize will have artificial sweeteners (oops).  It was good, but not nearly as flavorful as the apples and spice.  So it's definitely worth the few extra calories in my opinion.

Then I tried the Lavish brand.  I've never had dark chocolate oatmeal before, but it's good!  It has real chocolate chips that melt in.  I was pleased.  It gives me my chocolate fix, and I still get whole grains, fiber, and it's only 160 calories.

Back to Oat Revolution straberries and cream.  Also delicious.  I'm starting to believe you can't go wrong with any of these.Today I tried Oat Revolution cinnamon roll.  YUM!  They have some other lines that include RAW, Organic, Muffins...They sound way good too.

Oh and did a mention they're just over $1.00 for a box of 5 pouches?  So I can eat breakfast for a whole week for $1?  NICE!

The point is they are good.  And I realize I this must sound like they asked me to write a reveiw or something...which they did not.  This is my own opinion and I bought every box myself. 

But I just found their website that has all their flavors and nutrition facts if you wanna take a look.  They really are tasty!  CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. i agree. I buy really good bread at smiths from a local SLC company. It's $4.99 per loaf, but all natural and soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that the day I post on Peanut butter your post on Oatmeal. :D I might have to try the oatmeal you make it sound so good! Maybe you should working as their PR person!?

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!