Monday, March 28, 2011

Out With the Old...and Ugly

So we're finally getting a new bathroom!  Well, most of a new bathroom anyway.  Our disgusting bathtub and shower are being ripped out as we speak!  {insert happy dance here}

When it's all finished you can see the before and after.  Basically the previous owners did a "do it yourself" rebath job that was AWFUL!  There are blobs and blobs of caulk that is now stained yellow and brown.  It's seriously sick.  I've absolutely hated showering in there, but unfortunately it was my only option since we only have one bathroom.  But this will all now be history.  We've picked out some really nice tile and shower head, and I can't wait to see it all together!

While we're on the topic of tile...does anyone out there know how to put in a tile floor?  We really want to replace the floor, but at the last second we decided we didn't want to pay like $400 plus materials for the guy to rip out the existing tile and put in thew one.  I read so many DIY blogs that it was killing me to pay that much when I see millions of people do it themselves.  And the room isn't that big.

Check back this week for the pretty new pics!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! New bathrooms are the best. Can't wait to see the before and after. My dad did some tile in his house, so it can't be that hard because he is definitely not handy. I know that lowes and home depot will cut the tile for you so you don't have to rent a saw.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!