Monday, February 7, 2011

Date Night!

So this weekend Remy and I had an official date night.  Of course we go out all the time together, but sometimes it's just more fun when you call it something official. 

We stopped at Remy's favorite store of all time...
to take in couple of pairs of pants he needed hemmed.  As he was trying those on I found a couple shirts I wanted him to try on.  See, Remy has lost about 45 pounds since we got married in December '09.  Most of it in just the last few months.  He's never been this skinny since I've known him!  And he looks awesome!  Needless to say after 45 pounds his clothes don't fit quite right anymore.  Which is sad because he had some great stuff.  Anyhow he tried on a couple of things and fell in love with one shirt in particular.  I knew it was expensive.  But geez!  He hasn't bought any new clothes since the weight loss.  And I think he deserves it. 

So he walked away with this little number (a short sleeved version of this exact shirt):

He spotted a really cute coral military jacket on display (not for him...geez!) in the window as we were walking in so I found it and tried it on.  I assumed I'd look weird in it, because that tends to happen lately when I find something unique and cute.  They only had one left and it was my size...usually when that happens it means it's destiny!  So yeah, I loved it and as I was putting it on to show Remy he said "uh-oh!"  Which means..."this is looking amazing and I'm going to have to end up buying it for you and it probably costs more than we should spend!"  So yeah we said Happy Valentine's Day to each other and he got me this:
Then off to dinner!  We took a little break from our healthy eating so we could really enjoy ourselves!  Gotta love me some....


Then what would a classic date night be without a movie?  We headed off to Jordan Commons and saw True Grit.  If you haven't seen it, I recommend it.  It's part action/drama/comedy...seriously.  You laugh, you cry, you have a great time!  No swears, no bad stuff, not even any kissing! :)  I mean, there's they occasional dead body...they're fighting with guns for crying out loud!  I'll be honest I'm not sure how I felt about the ending, but it was great overall.  Remy pointed out it's not really high-action per se.  But there's lots of gun shootin' and horse ridin' and just entertainin'!  Check it out!  (btw it's an Acadamy Award nominee for best picture)


Love you Remy, thanks for the great night!

1 comment:

  1. Love the jacket!! I bet you look super cute/hot/glamorous it in it. Andy and went and saw True Grit on Saturday too. It was our first movie since the twins were born. Tell Remy way to go on the weight loss. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!