Wednesday, February 9, 2011

GNO and Another Wall Idea

While I worked at Human Resources, I made some really great friends.  I know it sounds weird or lame or whatever, but I hadn't really made any NEW close friends in a long time.  They are seriously awesome.  Slowly over time all of us left HR (except for one!), and as that started happening we decided to start having monthly GNO....Girl's Night Out!  And actually now that I think of it, it will be TWO YEARS next month that we went on our first GNO where I tried sushi for the first time.  Anyhow we have not missed a single  month in almost 2 years.  WOW!  We rock.  So last night we went out for Amanda's birthday.  We tried a new place called

DELICIOUS!  A little pricey (we were fortunate to have a gift certificate), but not outrageous I would say.  (It was like $24 for a 14 oz. ribeye -14 oz people! with a soup or salad, veggies and a side -plus you get free rolls that are SO yummy!) They had the BEST sweet potato fries I've ever had. (and we got a really big serving for only $7 -I mean, it was enough for 5 of us to share) Honestly I haven't cared much for any sweet potato fries I've had in the past.  But these were cooked so well, they were just delicious.  And they give you a garlic, basil aioli and fry sauce for dipping.  The aioli was WAY good!  They brought us out two different kinds of fresh baked rolls -an asiago cheese and I think a multi-grain kind.  SO GOOD.  I peeked out the window and they have a really great outdoor space.  I would like to come back in the warm weather and eat out there.  Elo brought us a delicious chocolate layered cheesecake of some sort from the Cheesecake Factory (of which I could NOT resist and ate a giant piece). 

So I would definitely recommend that place if you want to go out for a fancier meal.  It was definitely a fancy place, but not stuffy fancy, or over-the-top fancy, just nice-fancy.  It was a great night....thanks gals!

Onto my wall situation.  If you haven't yet, please check out http://www.vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/, she has some really fun ideas and projects.  Which is where I found ANOTHER great idea for doing something cool to my wall.  Check this action out:

Cute right?  I love the colors, the chandelier...everything.  Click on the pic for a link to the post.  She has a great tutorial.  I really like this idea.  She put little nails in that last tree so her daughter could decorate it for different seasons, etc.  This was obviously for Christmas.  I like how it's simple, and easy and doesn't require perfect lines.  Which is awesome for someone like me.  And another reason I'm now hesitating on doing something geometric, because if I start going crooked, it'll look like crap.  My only concern with this, is that I think they are a little wintry.  You know?  But it's definitely giving me some inspiration.  She just found a clip art tree and made it into a transparency, projected it on the wall, traced it with a pencil and filled it in.  Easy!

What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!