Monday, February 28, 2011

You Could Be on Broadway...but -

Funny story.  At least to me and Remy.  It's an old one, but I wanted to make sure I got it written down before I forgot all about it.  And it's one of those stories where I can remember weird details.  The kind of memory where you can totally relive the WHOLE thing in your head over and over.

So this past Christmas Remy and I were shopping for gifts at the mall.  We walked into Christopher & Banks because we saw something we thought his mom would like.  Anyhow we were in the back of the store and some song was playing (the exact being on of those details that I CANNOT remember for some reason) and I was doing my typical thing where I sing along and make up actions to the words. Well I was being overly dramatic this time around and I remember my actions being really big and awesome and I think I hit some big finishing move when Remy says -in all seriousness, "You could be on Broadway.  Except you can't sing."

It took both of us a second to realize what he just said.  And then we just busted up laughing!  The first part was meant to be a sort of compliment.  And the second more offensive part he said so matter of factly and didn't realize what he said, it was just funny!  Now he's LUCKY I thought it was so funny because I'm one of those people is well aware at my singing INability, so I wasn't offended.  And he realizes he was lucky.  Because if I was one of those people who THOUGHT I was a good singer, I would have totally been offended and it would have been to the dog house for him.

This might be one of those "you just had to be there" stories, but oh man.  We had a good laugh.  And we still do.  In fact we just brought it up the other day which is why I had it on my mind and just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!