Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long Weekend to Myself

So Remy and I didn't have to work yesterday (yay).  Don't you just love random holidays?  -Well, random holidays you get paid for not showing up and work anyway? 

Fun fact:  The University of Michigan (and I'm sure many others) don't get President's Day off.  There's another one they don't get, but I can't remember.  So yay for the U and all our paid holidays as well as that extra one in July! {love}

BUT Remy had a guy's weekend in Denver (not yay).  So I had 4 days to myself.  Which was okay...I actually got a TON done on Friday...cleaned the bathroom, did dishes, cleaned and vacuumed the living room, changed the sheets and that was all between 5:30 and 6:45!  I know, I'm amazing!  Then my friend Jesica came on over to keep me company and accompanied me to Zumba on Saturday morning! :)  YAY!  I kept busy the rest of the day too, went to the gym, got ready, eyebrows waxed, hair cut (not so good), a little shopping, cleaned the bedroom, tried to organize the 2nd bedroom but failed miserably, framed and hung a new peice of art in our bedroom (which Remy has yet to notice.  It's above our bed people, not that hard to see),prepared my Primary lesson...I rock!

Sunday I sat on the couch literally ALL DAY!  Because of this:


Look at that!  Could you move if that thing was sleeping on your lap?  I think not!  (even those of you who are thinking the opposite...I dare you to try it when it happens to you!  Trust me, I was in your same shoes!)  Unfortunately those of you who have cats know that they can sleep...and sleep...and sleep....for HOURS!  So that pretty much made up for any productivity I had accomplished the previous days (though I did get my 2 custom subway art orders made-turned out adorable!).  But who cares, I deserve it.  Plus it's Sunday...day of REST...hello.

Unfortunately on Monday I was equally as unproductive.  Oh I had plans.  Big plans.  But what can I say?  I did go to the gym for a while.  I spent 65 minutes on the elliptical which I had never done for that long before, plus some weights.  Having a good book really helps.  I'm just jumping on the Hunger Games bandwagon and loving it so far.

Thank you for joining me on my President's Day weekend journey...it's been fun.  Real fun.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!